Andalucia Lab deploys different activities to facilitate connections between ICT providers, with a main focus on the travel Industry, and Travel companies, the main aim of these activities is to improve travel tech adoption meanwhile offering awareness of the tech solutions available.
The EU SME Centre, EUROCHAMBRES and Andalucia Lab (Empresa Pública para la Gestión del Turismo y del Deporte de Andalucía) are inviting you to join this online workshop where our expert will be introducing the tourism development framework and the potential of e-Tourism applications in China for European SMEs.
The Information Communications Technologies (ICT) play a major role in the tourism, travel, and hospitality industries around the world as IT applications help business with day-to-day operations, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve customer experience.
The Chinese tourism industry has followed a similar pattern in the development of ICT applications as Europe, where implementation was first started by airline companies followed by hotels and tour operators and then gradually extended to the rest of subsectors.
China is now heading to its tourism industry 3.0. In this context, a wide range of cutting-edge technologies – augmented reality, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, internet-plus technology, etc – have been innovatively applied in almost every part of China’s tourism industry enabling tourists enjoy entertaining and interactive visual experiences, travel more efficiently.
10:00 – 10:10 h. Opening speech by Empresa Pública para la Gestión del Turismo y del Deporte de Andalucía. Presentation of the EU SME Centre and the speaker
10:10 – 10:40 am. Module I : Situation
– Outbound and domestic tourism development before and during pandemic in China
– Situation June 2021 – Domestic tourism back to 2019 levels, 40% vaccinated, restart outbound tourism expected in Autumn 2021
– Situation of travel-related ICT in China June 2021: major players, new channels, new market segments
– Development of ICT usages with regard to tourism
10:40 – 11:10 am. Module II: Consequences
– New approaches for sustainable development of using ICT for communication with the Chinese outbound market
– Using different platforms and communication channels for different market segments
– Silver Travellers taking over Douyin from Millennials
– Importance of Lifestreaming
– Data and outbound travel
– Rise of Recommendation Marketing – From KOLs to KOCs
11:10 – 11:40 am Module III: Best Practices
Examples from 2021 – brands and destinations reacting new trends
11:40 am – 12:10 pm Module IV: Outlook
– The diminishing importance of Owned and Bought media and the rise of Earned media in China
– ICT during the trip – Overcoming language barrier, Mini Programs and Apps.
12:10 – 12:30 pm Closing remarks and Q&A
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt