MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
The initiative Andalucía Lab has developed created this program to attract technical talent to the Andalusian Tourism Sector. The main objective of this program is to develop an international community of tech-professionals that are also experts in the Ttourism sector, and that are capable of creating an ecosystem to boost and bring technical and touristic talent to Andalusia.
Our goal is to bring advances like Big Data and Artificial Intelligence to touristic and technological companies through profiles that have been trained in companies of theseworking on these areas. This way we boost the innovation and digital transformation of the whole sector.
The training is divided into three big areas:
- Basics of Object-oriented programming according to the Clean Code standards. The objective of this first module is to bring together the knowledge of the students so that everyone can begin the course from the same starting point.
- How to make the most of mobile devices in Tourism. In this section we will learn about mobile applications, 5G, Internet of Things – IoT and augmented reality.
- How to Make the most of your clients’ data to improve their customer experience. We will learn about Big Data and other associated disciplinesareas of study like Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligencce and Machine Learning.
The following modules are also included in the training program in a cross-learning way, and they influence every single part of the Project:
- Cloud Computing and its use in touristic companies
- Soft Skills: Agile Methodologies and Design Thinking
- Total of hours: 643 hours – (163 days with 8 hours daily from Monday to Thursday and 6 hours on Fridays)
- Schedule: 8 am to 2 pm or 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Starting date: 14th September 2020
- End date: 5th February 2021
- Christmas Holidays: from 24th December 2020 to 6th January 2021- both days included
- Internship periods: in companies: 3 months from 8th February 2021
The ideal candidates for this training program are professionals of any EU Country, able to certify their experience as self employed or as in house employees and that fulfill the following requirements:
- Being able to meet the program requirements in a 6 months period of accelerate learning.
- Being able to live in Andalusia throughout the duration of the training program – 6 months- , and at least, another additional 3 months to attend the internship program alongside with other planned activities. Certify that they have a miínimum B2 level of Spanish and English.
- They posses one of the following certifications -or similar: Engineering Science or Technical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Industrial Engineering. Science certifications: University Degree in Mathematics, Physics or Statistics. Higher Technical Certificate in Computing or Telecommunications. Or they are able to demonstrate relevant professional experience in any of those fields for at least two years, irrespectively of their background and studies.
- They are experienced professionals with at least 2 years activity within the computing and digital sector.
- Having lived or studied abroad is a plus.
STAY AND MAINTENANCE COSTS DURING THE TRAINING PERIOD
1. Accommodation, transportation and meals.
During the whole training process the accommodation, transportation to the training offices and lunch expenses are covered by the program. The students will stay at shared accommodations with single rooms and will be provided with the necessary material and services to perform their training – laptop, wifi connection, etc. In the case of a new lockdown due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we will switch to a digital platform where all students will be able to attend the classes from their respective accommodations. They will also be provided with free transportation to the training officesbuilding. Once the training day is over, there is also free transportation to their homes available.
2. Reimbursement of the students’ investments
Students will have to pay 10% of the total cost of the course, which total value is of 24,000 €. That is, once they have been selected, they will have to pay a total of 2,400 € to be able to get a place in the program. However, we want to help you them cover the expenses of yourthe internship months with us and we will reimburse youthem with a grant of 800 €/monthly between the 1st and the 5th day of the month in the bank account of your their choice.
3. Holidays period and leisure activities in to get to know the area.
The training period will get interrupted in Christmas. We will have a break in our training period during Christmas. During those two weeks the students will be free to stay at their accommodations without any additional costs or they will have the chance to go back to their countries. There will be leisure activities available for those who decide to stay in Andalusia, focused on helping them integrate with the Andalusian culture.
4. Internship period with associated companies
Once the training is finished, there is a three months internship period starting. Touristic and technological companies cooperate with this internship program so that students can bring into practice everything that they have learnt at the training. During this period the students will receive a grant of 800 € monthly. They will also have direct contact with the companies since the beginning of the program, sinceas they will be able to attend talks, workshops, masterclasses, etc. The main goal is to reach a perfect understanding between students and companies to ensure that both parts are interested in keeping a professional relationship once the program is finished.